Friday, October 12, 2012

What's in a {screen}name

We have all done it... You sit down to join a website and oh crap, what will my screen name be? Eventually you throw together a name and get started online.

Except, swinger sites are different. Typically you're anonymous so you don't use your standby favorites like JaneS123 or JSmith847. You'll want your name to be slightly memorable and give an indication I who you are and why we want to fuck you.

(I mean HairySweatyMan469 probably wouldn't get you too many hits. Just sayin...)

Why am I telling you this?

Well... Years ago when we were just barely talking about swinging The Hubs set up our AFF profile. We hadn't done any playing yet and the name he picked for us includes a certain description of me that he was oh so hopeful would be true. Problem is, it's not. And you can't change your screen name unless you start a new account and that is just annoying.

Oh well we thought. It's *just* a screen name...

I never realized the impact of it all until we got into the swing of things. Constantly we are having to explain that even though the name said one thing the profile clearly states otherwise. But, no one reads the profiles, they see the screen name and email.

Some people get mad, I've been called random things and "yelled" at for the contradiction. We laugh it off now, if you aren't bothering to read our profile you're probably not a good match for us anyway.

So take it from me and consider carefully before creating your screen name... Just a thought...

The Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment