Thursday, January 2, 2014

On resolutions

Ahh, yes another new year. The time of year that desk calendars are coffee-spill free and everyone thinks they will have an amazing life in the next 365 days. 

Some people make resolutions for the new year, some think that idea is crap. I tend to lean toward the latter. Then I woke up on December 31, 2013 feeling a full on hangover. I couldn't remember large spans of time from the previous nights' events. I even ran to my living room to see if my purse was there. (It was, thanks to The Hubs) 

Later through various stories and rereading text messages the pieces back together. It went something like this:

Went out with my girl friends to what I thought was dinner and an event. Turned out to be appetizers, drinks and event with drinks. Afterward I joined The Hubs and some guy friends at a bar for drinks. 
This is where the night fell off the tracks. 

Being as drunk as I was I apparently felt it necessary to start groping The Friend. Openly. Great idea, huh? And hugging strangers. I'm pretty sure I told my BFF's husband that The BFF is turning lame. I hung on The Friend pointing at him and saying something about "this guy... this guy..." And who knows what else I just haven't heard about yet. 

I couldn't help but feel like crap, both physically and emotionally. And I kept thinking how embarrassed I was for the clearly obnoxious drunk asshole I was. Embarrassed for how I must have embarrassed The Hubs and embarrassed for how I had thrown myself at (and on) The Friend. (while in front of others no less)

Wow

So I think 2014 needs to be a year of "Less" for me. Not less fun or less naughtiness necessarily but less excess. Less black-hole memories. Less throwing myself at non-swinger men. Less fucking up. Just, less stupid. I don't think of it as a resolution, more like a theme to keep in mind.

So here's to 2014. More fun, less stupid. 

Happy New Year!

The Wife

3 comments:

  1. I would suggest that less booze will go a long way in making sure the other "lesses" are resolutions you can stay with. This is not the first post where a little too much booze made for a problem. Not preaching; just saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're anything like my wife, you don't eat enough food when you are out drinking..i also try to follow the old rule of one drink, one glass of water, etc...that way you always have something in your hand to drink. Anyway, good luck to you and the Hubs in 2014! Love reading your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't comment on the less portion of the post just that we need more of your post. They are fun entertaining and thoughtful as to what happens when the lights go off (or on) and the thought process of swinging. Thank you and i hope that less means more post in this case

    ReplyDelete