Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wrong

I'm on the verge of a twitter war, over a hash tag...

It all started last week when a twitter friend (Fred) posted a picture of his lovely wife flashing her boobs at him. He hash tagged it #FridayFlash - since it was Friday and hello, she was flashing him. Duh.

Then he got a @ from a woman named Loretta, who was informing he was using the hash tag wrong, and he shouldn't be posting pictures like that online. In fact, she stated, the #FridayFlash is to be used for "Flash Literature" that gets posted on twitter on Fridays. Fred retweeted her comment for our enjoyment and, well... I had to put my two cents in.

This is what I said:
vanilla is non swinger, you stumbled into a swinger community by following his hash tag, which I'd also argue cannot be used "incorrectly" as twitter is really all just for fun and there really is no "right" or "wrong", right? :)           

So what if you use your FridayFlash for literature and I use it to show off boobs - I'm ok with not being the "normal" - but please don't tell me we're "wrong" for doing it - that makes me want to lose my shit. Different is not wrong, it's just different. If we were all the same imagine how boring the world would be.

So, of course this past Friday I added my two cents again and used my #FridayFlash to post a few pics, as did Fred. And then came the new note... She once again insisted that he was doing it wrong. Maybe it was the fact that I was home on a Friday night and amped up anyway, but that didn't sit well with me. So of course, I said this...

Dear #fridayflash nazi Loretta- just because you use #fridayflash for flash literature doesn't mean that is the ONLY way to use it. So stop telling us it's being used wrong. Live your life and we will live ours! #fridayflash #fridayflash #fridayflash

No response as of yet, but believe me if she doesn't let it go Fred and I will unleash our naughty swinger friends on her hash tag so fast she won't know what hit her! Pretty soon she won't have any literature in her hash tag timeline, but rather boobies and cock shots.

But, I have to ask - am I the only one who's noticing a major downturn in twitter fun lately? Isn't twitter JUST FOR FUN? When did it become so serious, everyone taking everything so personally and seriously? I've experienced a recent rash of twittercides in my TL lately, some people say they're leaving and others have just up and left without notice, but it seems February has been bad for tweeps. I have to think it's because of people like Loretta that sap all of the fun out of twitter and make it yet another chore in our lives.

So, Loretta - I'd like to say perhaps it is you who is in fact "doing it wrong" since none of your stories make people squirm in their pants or produce a raging erection. So how about you piss off and just ignore the boobs in your timeline if that's not what you're looking for.

The Wife

7 comments:

  1. It seems like less a case of right or wrong, but #hashtag etiquette. Generally for this type of #hashtag use, it would make sense to check to see if there is an existing regular use of #hashtag. Not saying who is right and who is wrong, but offering a different lens to look at it from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your point, but I know I certainly don't check hashtags before I use them. Most of the time I'm making something up, but if I should stumble on them or it be one I'm already using I'm not going to stop because someone else is using it differently. And, really - there is no etiquette on twitter, I'm sure it would be bad form for most to post pictures of their naked selves, but for me it's a-ok - ya know?

      Delete
  2. I think the woman in just being a bitch. Personally, I think what you're doing is fine. I think about 90% of the hashtags out there are people making stuff up anyways, so I'd just ignore her. Just my 2 dinars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, also have an update to my....erm....situation, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Of course I do!

      Email me at swingerwifeinfl@yahoo.com

      Delete
  4. Will do. Saw your tweet, and tried to respond.....but I'm fairly twitter dumb. @DmsdyMachn, if you're curious. :-)

    ReplyDelete