Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Recycled

As many swingers as there are out there and despite the large city I live in you'd be amazed at how many times we come across the same profiles over and over again. Most swingers have multiple profiles (we have two, SLS and AFF) and eventually to some degree everyone starts to look the same. And you find yourself saying "Didn't we talk to them already?" on more than one occasion. One of the nice things about SLS vs. AFF is they have a "conversation history" option. Meaning, we can actually know for sure if we have or have not talked to the person/couple before.

I wish there was a way to mark the profile with notes of who they are and if they are someone you dropped like a hot potato as fast as you could and should do again. But there isn't, so sometimes you don't even realize you're talking to a recycled until you get a picture and see a familiar face. We had two recycled potentials show up lately, both strange situations.

The first was a "couple" that lives about an hour away. The Hubs chatted with the guy on AFF and exchanged instant messenger screen names and set up a time when we could talk later that night. When I added the name to our IM account the avi that popped up was a familiar one. We had talked to this "couple" about a year to a year and a half ago. Back then she was never around to chat, it was always him even when he would set up a time to "meet up" (im) later so the four of us could chat. They would never show. So, when I remembered this I predicted (correctly turns out) that they wouldn't show for the planned chat-date that night. After the no-show I looked at the profiles again, remembering that the first time we had chatted through SLS. No picture showed the two of them together, so I'm pretty sure "they" are a "couple"... delete!

The second actually freaked The Hubs and I out a bit. We got a friend request on our IM account from a single man. The Hubs looked at the profile picture and asked if I had given that guy our screen name. "Uh. No, that dude is creepy looking" I replied. He said he had seen an email from that guy on SLS but had decided not to respond to him, so he was freaked out as to how he had gotten our screen name. We blocked him and wondered if we had been hacked somehow, but then what purpose would that serve? A few days later I logged in to our AFF account and went browsing through old potentials. There he was, Mr. Creepy himself. Apparently he had grown his hair out so I didn't recognize him at first but he was someone we had given our name to from AFF about a year ago. Apparently he recognized us on SLS and took it upon himself to restart the conversation.

Makes me wonder have we really run out of potentials that we seem to keep coming across the same options? Is there a swinger shortage or something?

The Wife

4 comments:

  1. SLS does have a Notes option. It's in the tool bar above the description. The notes appear below and to the left of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We belong to two online swinger communities and both allow exactly what you are talking about. It's great to leave yourself private little notes and "stickies". My husband and I also use it to leave notes for each other. For example: "Honey, this couple is super sexy, let me know if you're interested and we can set something up with them." The feature allows hubby and I to browse profiles "together" without necessarily being online at the same time. (P.S. - Both also have the conversation history feature you like on SLS and AFF.)

    I don't like to hijack with links the first time I visit/comment on a blog, but let me know if you'd like me to email or post the links for you. I also list them on my blog's link page, so you can find them there if you are interested.

    XOXO
    Happy Swinging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Please email me swingerwifeinfl at yahoo

      :)

      Delete